Mystical essays and more by Thomas Razzeto
Is God and creation the same reality in different forms?
The core ideas presented here go back thousands of years and yet I hope that what I offer is a fresh and unique expression of them. Some people label these ideas as "non-dual" and other people call them the perennial philosophy since they have been found in cultures all around the world throughout all of time. I like to call it mysticism. Hinduism and Buddhism are two of the most well known non-dual philosophies but there certainly are others. And even though Judaism and Christianity are not usually thought of as non-dual philosophies, they both have their share of mystics. It hardly needs to be mentioned that I am just offering my own opinion for your consideration. You can take what you like and leave the rest. Even though some of us may see things differently, I hope that my work will inspire us to respect one another, treat each other kindly and work towards personal and world peace. With that in mind, here are some of my completely free essays, poems and songs.
The first five essays below constitute the foundation of my views and I will develop these ideas more as time goes on. Several of the themes from these essays repeat in other essays like a chorus of a song with the intention of gently reminding us what to keep foremost in our minds throughout our day.
- Is our physical world “the totality of reality” or is it only “part of the picture?”
- Why would anyone say that the world is an illusion?
- What is a good definition of an illusion?
- Don't draw the wrong conclusion from only part of the picture
- How can we find out more about the big picture?
- I call the big picture, “The Mystic's View”
- How could this be true and yet not be obvious?
- It's like liquid water and solid ice. They are the same essence in different forms.
- We are all made out of the same essence but we are not all the same.
- We are each a unique expression of the eternal divine essence!
- Through this mysterious essence, we are all connected to each other!
- We are all divine drops in the ocean of God!
- Know yourself and you shall know God!
- Byron Katie, the author of Loving What Is inspired me to write this poem
- The thoughts that you bring to each and every moment determine your experience
- Thoughts of acceptance and embrace create emotions of oneness, peace and joy
- Thoughts of rejection create the emotions of separation, frustration, fear and pain
- The idea of God and creation being the same reality in different forms is developed
- The ideas in each stanza are expanded in more detail
- While you emotionally accepted the world, you can still work towards change
- Inner creation: the instant creation of your emotions
- Outer creation: the people, things and events attracted to you as time unfolds
- Unconscious creation by habitual thought
- Conscious creation by choosing your attitude
- How to breaking the circle of unconscious creation of disharmony
- How to respond to difficult challenges that arise
- You are not simply connected to God, every aspect of your being is divine!
- God is not just deep within you at a special place; you are divine at every level!
- If God did not want something to exist, it would not exist
- Will you love it all, simply because you can?
- The four stages of the journey into gnosis, direct knowledge of God:
- Stage 1 - Earth: The belief that the world is purely physical
- Stage 2 - Water: The spiritual side of reality is discovered
- Stage 3 - Air: Consciousness (awareness) is seen as the self
- Stage 4 - Fire: The direct, personal experience of God
- The totality of reality is seen as the eternal divine essence in all of its forms
- Being fully alive in the present moment is the goal
- Help bring world peace by creating personal peace
- Pollyanna's Glad Game: Find something about everything to be glad about
- The immediate effect of your thoughts and attitude
- To what degree do we control our own life?
- The Serenity Prayer
- Open, flowing, adventurous affirmations
- Surfing the cosmic wave
- Yet sometimes very difficult situations arise
- Is the glass half-empty or is it half-full? Reframing into a bigger picture
- The mystic's view: God and creation are the same reality in different forms
- You are safe in the hands of God!
- Learn about the circle of unconscious creation, the circle of disharmony
- Learn about conscious creation, inner creation and outer creation
- Learn to create inner peace and attract outer peace
A popular book has a title that states that men come from a far away planet and that women come from a completely different far away planet. The implication is that we have very different fundamental natures, that we are basically different creatures, and can only hope of getting along when we both understand these natures. While this book has genuinely helped millions of people, I would like to add a few comments of my own.
Irving Berlin wrote "God Bless America" in 1938 as World War Two was starting in Europe. I have always considered it a very beautiful song. I hope that my expansion of the song to include another verse that includes all of humanity is not seen in any way as me being critical of the original song or of America itself. Here are both verses and also Irving Berlin's prelude to the song.
Did John Lennon and Carl Perkins connect with their friends and family from the other side?
John Edward is a famous psychic medium who communicates with the spirits of people who have passed on. His 2001 book titled Crossing Over contains many stories that offer compelling evidence for the survival of human consciousness after the death of the body.
This essay covers some of my favorites from that book. Read about Carl Perkins, his daughter Debbie, Elvis Presley, Paul McCartney and John Lennon.
In addition to John Edward's book Crossing Over I also recommended The Afterlife Experiments by Gary Schwartz, Ph.D. since it goes into this subject in a scientific way.
There are conflicting claims about whether Harry Houdini, the world famous escape artist and magician, after his death in October 1926, was successful in passing a prearranged secret coded message to his wife in January 1929 through Arthur Ford, a psychic medium. Read about the cleverly coded message that was received by Beatrice Houdini and the document that she signed stating that the message was correct!
Can you see the 3-D dinosaur in the picture to the left? (Don't worry if you can't; it's much easier with the larger image that is at the beginning of the essay.) Anyway, why do I bring this up? Well, this reminds me of seeing the mystic's view. In the mystic's view, God is the invisible, formless source of all things and creation is the form that the divine essence transforms itself into. Both God and creation share the same essence and this essence always remains unchanged. Let's explore this idea a little further.
A 4-page essay with excellent pictures and diagrams
This is the fastest way to learn why the Maya picked 2012. You will learn mostly by looking at well-marked pictures made from a professional astronomy program and I wouldn't be surprised if you learn more in this essay than you have in the many hours of 2012 research you might have already done. You will learn about the sacred tree being in the sky over the Maya on this special day and you will learn about the annual galactic alignment between the earth, the sun and the galactic equator. You will also learn that in order to make a calendar that hits this day exactly, the Maya needed to know the length of the year to within 45 seconds! That's 99.9999 percent correct! In my opinion, this is not merely remarkable, this is absolutely stunning! This essay is a modified excerpt from Mystical 2012.
All my 2012 essays are here
I will soon have more to offer
I am working on more essays, some audiobooks and some additional podcast episodes. I hope you will join us for those!
Thanks for visiting and have a magical and mystical day!